Movers transporting cotton modules on trucks may purchase a $5.00 trip permit or a $125.00 per year annual permit. To secure an annual permit, you should complete the cotton module – annual permit form for each cotton module truck, and then fax the application to 785-271-3124.
MAXIMUM DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHTS
- Maximum dimensions: Length = 50 feet Width = Legal Height: 15 feet
- Weight - GVW may not exceed the the registered Gross Vehicle Weights (GVW)
- Axle Weights - May not exceed maximum permissible axke weights showm on the standard permit (GVW)
- May move 24-hours per day provided lamps and applicable safety devices are attached to the vehicle when traveling after daylight hours
The permit fee can be submitted in one of three ways:
- Using an escrow account
- Submitting a check by mail (with the completed standard permit form) to the Permit Section of KDOT.
- Using a credit card (VISA, American Express or Master Card). VitalChek will add an administrative fee to process the transaction.
If you have any questions regarding this type of permit or wish to clarify this process, contact the "Kansas Trucking Connection" at 785-271-3152