Links to Other Useful Web Resources
Remember, the most successful way to increase bicycling and walking is through a comprehensive approach that includes the “5 E’s” (Engineering, Education, Enforcement, Encouragement, Evaluation).
The following websites are resources that will assist you in developing an exciting and effective program in your school area.
- National Safe Routes to Schools Clearinghouse: University of North Carolina http://www.saferoutesinfo.org
- Federal Highway Administration Safe Routes to Schools Website http://safety.fhwa.dot.gov/saferoutes/index.htm
- Partnership for a Walkable America http://www.walkableamerica.org
- Walk and Bike to School http://www.walktoschool.org
- Walking School Bus http://www.walkingschoolbus.org
- The Official Website of International Walk to School Day http://www.iwalktoschool.org
- American Associate of State Highway and Traffic Officials (AASHTO) Guidelines for Bike and Pedestrian Facilities (publication) https://bookstore.transportation.org/category_item.aspx?id=DS
- Access Board http://www.access-board.gov
- America Bikes http://www.americabikes.org/SRTS.asp
- Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals (APBP) http://www.bicyclinginfo.org
- Bikes Belong Coalition http://bikesbelong.org
Updated: June 13, 2006