• Maintain Department repository of road and bridge geometry data, road surface and bridge condition data and travel data for the State Highway System and other major roads and streets;
• Maintain Department repository of at grade railroad crossing features and traffic accident data for all public roadways in Kansas;
• Maintain data views of road, bridge, railroad crossing, accident and travel data for the Geographic Information System (GIS);
• Perform analyses and data assessment to produce information that subsequently drives many of the decision making processes within the Department, particularly the Department’s Multi-year Highway Improvement Program;
• Make numerous required data submittals to the Federal Highway Administration, particularly for the Highway Performance Monitoring System and the National Bridge Inventory System; and
• Maintain fatality accident data for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Fatality Analysis Reporting System.