Highway Contractors Help Terms
KDOT establishes projects/contracts for construction work to improve
the KDOT highway system. KDOT has a Construction
Bid Letting Schedule set for projects that are currently available
for bidding by contractors. A contractor who intends to submit a
bidding proposal shall complete and deliver "Contractor's
Qualification Statement and Experience Questionnaire"
to the Director of Operations at least fourteen (14) days prior
to the intended bid letting date to become prequalified as a
prime contractor in an upcoming letting. Contractors wanting to
bid as a prime contractor shall request to be placed on the
"Bid Holders List" no later than the close of business on the
Monday preceding the scheduled Letting Date. This request is
necessary to obtain KDOT's approval to bid as a prime contractor.
Subcontractors, suppliers, and other interested entities may also
request to be placed on the "Non-Bid Holders List".
The listing below shows pre-letting, post-letting and general
Bid Holders List
- List of Contractors that have KDOT's approval to bid as a prime contractor
(must be Pre-qualified by the Director of Operations). Updated as needed.
- This List informs prime contractors of suppliers and subcontractors that indicate
their interest in the project. It may not be all inclusive. Updated as needed.
Addendums to Plans
- When a change or clarification is necessary for a project, KDOT will email an
addendum only to the prime contractors who are on the Bid Holders List and post
the same addendum along with all its attachments on the Proposal Information page.
Prime contractors must follow the instructions listed on the addendum.
Updated as needed.
- List of the current month's projects including line item quantities, working
days or calendar completion date and DBE goals. Updated as needed.
- Provides the link to AASHTO's most current version of EXPEDITE. Updated as needed.
Bid Letting Report
- A list of projects tentatively scheduled to be let within the next five years. The report
provides information to contractors, utility companies, the public, and others
regarding KDOT's potential future work efforts. Updated monthly.
As Read Bidders List
- A list of the bids as they were read at the public opening. Updated
within 24 hours of the opening of the bids.
- Reports of awarded projects; current year and historical years. Updated as needed after award
of the letting.
- Name, address and other pertinent information for each Pre-Qualified Contractor. Updated as needed.
- Provides the link to the KDOT's Office of Civil Rights. This is where the Disadvantaged
Business Enterprises (DBE) program, Contract Compliance - EEO and other data is posted. Updated as needed.