Since July 1, 2005 applications
have been accepted from public agencies wanting to lease
new, multi- frequency, 800 MHz radios and equipment.
Applications are considered as they are received. KDOT
communications system technical staff works with each
applicant to determine what radios and equipment are
needed to meet their communication requirements, including
coverage area, talkgroup capacity and appropriate radio
Process for leasing 800 MHz radio
- CSRF Application received and
reviewed by KDOT.
- A Total Lease Cost Estimate is prepared and sent to the applicant.
- A one-time $250 administrative fee per unit is assessed and added to the total lease cost.
- A one-time $750 template building fee is assessed per each radio programming template created and is added to the total lease cost.
- The equipment
expense is spread over a twelve year lease term.
- Upon authorization from applicant, KDOT proceeds with the Equipment Lease process.
- KDOT’s legal representative processes the lease documents and sends them to the applicant for review and execution.
- Secretary/designee executes Lease
- Communication System Administrator
purchases, assigns and oversees delivery of equipment
- KDOT invoices Lessee for the Annual Lease Payment.
Fees associated with the Equipment Lease:
- $250 administrative fee – assessed per radio
- $750 template building fee – assessed per radio programming template built
Lease Program Coordinator
Kansas Department of Transportation
Bureau of Construction and Maintenance
Eisenhower State Office Building
700 SW Harrison Street
Topeka, KS 66603