Stormwater Management Program
The Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) was granted coverage by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment on October 1, 2004 under NPDES Permits listed below, Authorization for Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems to Discharge Stormwater under the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System, to protect water quality and to satisfy the appropriate water quality requirements of Kansas Statutes Annotated Chapter 65 and Clean Water Act. On February 1, 2014, Kansas Department Health and Environment issued the second generation MS4 permit, under the same permit numbers. These Annual Reports document KDOT’s Stormwater Management Program activities completed during the current year and the proposed activities for up coming year. These reports have been developed to fulfill the requirements of Section IV-C (Reports) of NPDES Permit.
- Kansas City - Permit No.: M-KS27-SU01 2016 Annual Report - Kansas City
- Lawrence - Permit No.: M-KS31-SU02 2016 Annual Report - Lawrence
- Manhattan - Permit No.: M-KS38-SN01 2016 Annual Report - Manhattan
- St. Joseph - Permit No.: M-MO05-SU01 2016 Annual Report - St. Joseph
- Topeka - Permit No.: M-KS72-SU02 2016 Annual Report - Topeka
- Wichita - Permit No.: M-AR94-SU02 2016 Annual Report - Wichita
Dale Kirmer P.E.
MS4 Storm Program Manager
Jason Van Nice, P.E.
Construction Storm Water Manager
Jason Van Nice@ks.gov