The Kansas Public Transit Association and KDOT are co-sponsoring this year's Transit Day at the Topeka Capitol.
Please join us on the first floor of the Capitol from 8 a.m. until noon on March 8, 2017. Meet and learn from the individuals who make our public transit and paratransit programs successful by getting Kansans to where they live, work, learn, heal, and play every day.
- Meet representatives from public transit agencies and other transit planning partners
- Tour new transit and paratransit vehicles on display on the south apron
- Learn about new technologies being used in Kansas' vehicles
At 10 a.m., we are scheduled to have a 30-minute briefing on public transportation in Kansas. Slated to speak are:
- Richard Carlson, Secretary of Transportation
- Richard Proehl (R-District 7), KS House of Representatives
- Jacob LaTurner (R-District 13), KS Senate
- Susan Duffy, Chair, Kansas Public Transit Association
Refreshments will be available.
For more information or to request accommodations, please contact Mike Spadafore at Mike.Spadafore@ks.gov or 785.296.4907.