What are the steps involved to assign a trainee?
1. The contractor completes a Request for Trainee Approval, Form 1002
2. The Form 1002 should be submitted to the KDOT Construction Office at or prior to the Pre- Construction Conference. The Contractor needs to have an approved plan to achieve the trainee hours required on the project prior to any contract work occurring on the project.
3. The KDOT Construction Office will approve/disapprove the request based upon the availability on the project of the requested work type. The Form 1002 will be forwarded to the Office of Civil Rights.
4. The Office of Civil Rights will approve/disapprove the request based upon the eligibility of the individual for the program requested
- minority or woman
- has not previously completed a training program
- job classification is an approved training program, etc.
5. The Office of Civil Rights notifies the KDOT Construction Office with a copy forwarded to the Prime and Subcontractors involved of the determination of approval/disapproval.
Back to Trainee Program Questions