Note: The purpose of the permit is to grant travel between a truck terminal and the nearest toll booth within the limitations described below.
This application shall be completed when applying for a permit to enter or exit the Kansas Turnpike Authority (KTA).
- Any combination (triple, turnpike double, etc.) may access or exit the KTA provided the overall length does not exceed 125 feet; the height does not exceed 14 feet. If your height exceeds 14 feet you will be asked to return to apply for a new permit.
- All axle groupings shall be in compliance with what the KTA allows and the gross weight of the vehicle shall comply with the Federal Bridge Formula.
- Widths of loads exceeding 12 feet need prior approval from the KTA engineer.
- Loads exceeding 14 feet in height will not be allowed to travel on the KTA at any time.
- Companies using the KTA for the movement of oversize loads need to maintain contact with the KTA to be aware of all construction activity and ensure the roadway will accommodate the width and weight of the load.
- KTA access is limited to a 20-mile radius from the end of the KTA (18th street expressway) in the Kansas City area and a 10-mile radius from any other toll booth along the turnpike.
- The permit is offered on an annual basis, however, the special permit section has the capability of issuing two (2) 6-month permits at the time of application if a customer desires.
- The customer must ensure a valid permit is kept in the power unit at all times.
- The permit is issued to a specific power unit and may not be transferred to another vehicle or owner.
If you have any questions contact the Central Permits at 785-368-6501 Hours 7:30 AM - 4:45 PM
fax number 785-296-6558
After hours call Comdata 1-800-749-7107