- Obtain a blank copy of the “Large Structure Application.
- Include your name, company name, address, and phone and fax number and an
- Include the vehicle information
- Include the method of payment. If paying by check, please return both the check
and the application. Do not send cash by mail. The “cash”
option is used primarily by persons coming to Central Permits to
obtain a permit.
- If you chose to pay by credit card make sure the credit card number and the
expiration date is legible.
- Include the Origin and Destination of your trip. All origins and destinations
in Kansas shall be as accurate as possible.
- Review the Large Structure reference map to identify the districts(s) the load will travel.
- To save time and make the approval process easier, contact the appropriate district officials ahead of time to make sure the route you intend to use is appropriate. It may become necessary to obtain approval to route around construction areas. The district officials may limit the amount of miles a mover may
transport loads on state highways. This means, additional county or city
roadways may be needed.
- Route restrictions now allow for the use of the Kansas Turnpike Authority (KTA) in certain circumstances. This means movers shall contact the KTA to obtain permission to use the KTA. Central Permit permission only applies to the use of the KTA. The KTA does not have jurisdiction over other routes in Kansas. Use the space available on the "Large Structure Route Sheet" to record your route.
- Under the “ORDER” column please indicate the order of travel by inserting a 1,
2, 3, etc. If only one district is traveled, insert a "1" beside the district you plan to travel.
- The appropriate district official will
examine the application and approve the worksheet if everything on the form is acceptable. The approved application will be returned to the applicant by fax to the number shown on the form. To reduce the time it takes to approve the move(s),
telephone the appropriate district offices ahead of time to make sure someone
is in the office to approve your application.
- When you have received all the applicable signatures, fax the completed
worksheet (with signatures) to Central Permits at 785-296-6558.
If all the signatures are correct, a permit will be issued to the customer
shown on the face of the application. Contact Central Permits
at 785-368-6501 Hours 7:30 AM - 4:45 PM After hours call Comdata 1-800-749-7107 if you have any questions about this process.
- Make sure the information is correct and complete before returning the permit
application to Central Permits. Incomplete applications will
be returned to the applicant.
- Special routes have been imposed on the movement of wind blades, Please contact Central Permits 785-368-6501 Hours 7:30 AM - 4:45 PM After hours call Comdata 1-800-749-7107 or the KDOT district personnel for a listing of the most current routes. When the mover has obtained the proper signatures, the completed application plus the route sheet shall be faxed to Central Permits (785-296-6558).
A signature block has been added to the bottom of the Large Structure Application and the Route sheet. This means the appropriate district official's signature shall be on both the Application and the Route Sheet before the route can be approved. The reference to the KTA has been added to the signature box on both forms.