- The Standard Permit Application shall be completed and returned to the Central Permits before moving any Oversize or Overweight load
- The approved permit is valid for 7 calendar days
- The standard permit shall not be altered or transferred to another company or individual
- Customers shall use this permit when a single trip is desired or an annual permit is not a practical option
- Movers may transport multiple loads between the origin and destination on the route shown on the permit (no deviation allowed), provided:
Continuous movement shall be allowed during daylight hours while the standard permit is valid. Overweight only vehicles may move 24 hours per day.
Customers may simply print the standard permit application or contact Central Permits at 785-368-6501 Hours 7:30 AM - 4:45 PM After hours call Comdata 1-800-749-7107 to request a copy of the application. When the application is complete, customers may fax this form back to the Central Permits at 785-296-6558.
Customers must pay for any permit by using a pre-established escrow account provided by the Central Permits. If an application is sent through the mail a check may be used made out to the Central Permits. Call 785-368-6501 Hours 7:30 AM - 4:45 PM After hours call Comdata 1-800-749-7107 to establish an escrow account or charge the permit fee against any one of four credit cards:
- The weight of the load does not increase
- The size of the load does not increase
- The distance between axles does not change
- The dimensions of the load does not change, and
- When the load being transported does not vary significantly from what is indicated on the approved permit
- Master Card, or
- American Express
(VitalChek will add an administrative charge to the cost of the permit)