This program was developed to ensure all oilfield-servicing rigs (OSR) are certified before they are allowed to operate in the state of Kansas. Contact the Central Permits at (785) 368-6501 Hours 7:30 AM - 4:45 PM After hours call Comdata 1-800-749-7107 to obtain further information.
The important aspects of this program are:
- An OSR is permitted to carry all the necessary servicing equipment that is required to service a well for one day.
- A 100-mile radius from the designated place of business is provided to all certified companies. The certified company within this radius may operate freely as long as the Interstate is not used at any time.
- If a company desires to travel outside this radius a Standard Permit is required.
- The standard permit only authorizes single-trip movement to and from a specific location within the 100-mile radius to a specific location outside the 100-mile radius. Once the work is completed, a subsequent standard permit shall be purchased to service a second well at a different location.
- Standard permits are only good for 7 days so more than one permit may become necessary. Application and approval of the Standard Permit in these cases does not affect the company’s original annual certification.
- The permit(s) associated with this program may not be transferred to another driver, mover, company or vehicle.