Hay Harvest Permit News Release


News Contact: Kim Stich, (785) 296-3585

KDOT to issue hay harvest permits

The Kansas Department of Transportation announced that permits will be issued to anyone wanting to harvest hay on Kansas highway right of way.

Permit applications are available at any KDOT office and are good for one year or a specific haying season. Access to any right of way shall be determined by KDOT.

Those with land adjacent to the right of way will be given permit priority from January 1 until March 31 of each year. After March 31, permits to harvest will be issued in the order in which they are received.

Permits can be canceled at any time by either party and all operations shall be in accord with requirements and guidelines set by KDOT.

Any person, firm or corporation wanting to mow or bale hay will need to submit a permit application to the KDOT office in their area.

For additional information, contact the local KDOT Area office or call the Bureau of Construction and Maintenance in Topeka at (785) 296-3576.