March 6th and 7th, 2013
What is this Conference?
The 2013 Kansas/Missouri Highway Rail Safety Conference is an annual conference sponsored by KDOT, MoDOT, Kansas Operation Lifesaver, and Missouri Operation Lifesaver. The conference is held to share ideas about moving freight and to reducing injuries and fatal crashes at highway rail grade crossings and on railroad rights-of-way.
Who should Attend?
This Conference brings together representatives from federal, state, local governments, railroads and railroad officials, consultants, suppliers, and other entities dedicated to highway/rail safety.
It will be held at the Sheraton Hotel; see web link for map & directions. Attendees have special rates for a limited time.
- Please make your reservation directly with the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel, (866) 837-4214
- The block of rooms is listed under KS/MO Highway Rail Safety Conference.
You must ask for rooms by this name to get the special rates
Occupancy for single or double at $99, and triple occupancy at $109 per night.
- Cut off date for special room rate is February 13, 2013. Reservations received after this cut-off date will be on a space available basis at the best available rate.
Preliminary Agenda & Fees
This Conference is not funded by the State of Kansas.
Registration Rate at $30, after February 11, 2013 rate is at $40.
The Conference Registration Fee includes the Wednesday general session and reception as well as the Thursday general sessions, breaks, and lunch.
In compliance with ADA requirements, any participants with any special dietary needs or other needs that can be reasonably accommodated, please let us know by contacting the Conference Manager, Mitch Sothers at (785) 296-3529 or by e-mail. For hearing impaired assistance please call (785) 296-3585, TTY/voice.
Cancellation: Must be received before February 18, 2013 to receive full refund; otherwise there will be a 50% charge for late cancellations, and no refunds are made on un-cancelled registrations.
- Registration desk will be open Wednesday, March 6 from 11 am - 5 pm.
- Wednesday 10:00 am - Kansas Operation Lifesaver Committee Meeting.
- Conference begins Wednesday afternoon at 1 pm, followed by an evening reception, and annual pool tournament.
- Thursday - breakfast at 7 am, with a full day starting at 8 am; adjournment at 3:45 pm.
- Click HERE to register for conference securely on-line!
- Registration Form
Vendors & Exhibitors
The 2013 Conference will be held March 6 & 7 at the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel in Overland Park, KS with a 1 pm start on Wednesday and adjournment on Thursday afternoon. Table top exhibit booths (limited to 6 foot width) are available at $250 or with electricity $300, which includes ONE conference registration. If after January 16 the rate is at $300, or with electricity $350. Additional attendees must register at the regular conference fee (see above).
- Exhibitor Guidelines
There are various levels of Partners for the 2013 Conference. There is no deadline for partnering an event or conference function. However, you are encouraged to contact us early to reserve partnership of the event or function of your choice.
- Platinum Level $1,000 and up
- Gold Level $500 to $999
- Silver Level $250 to $499
- Bronze Level $100 to $249
- William “Mitch” Sothers, P.E., Conference and Registration Manager & Conference Treasurer
- Gary Farlow, Sponsor, Vendor, & Exhibitors Manager
- Shawn Hennes, Audio & Visual Manager
Last modified on: January 4, 2013