This form is assigned to a specific power unit. It allows the permitted vehicle to haul all necessary emergency equipment during day and nighttime hours to and from an emergency location as long as the emergency condition exists. Special caution shall be taken to ensure that overwidth loads are properly flagged, lit and marked at all times during movement.
Escorting vehicles are required at all times if the load exceeds 14 feet in width and the roadway has less than four (4) lanes. Loads greater than 16' 6" shall have a front escort with a height pole attached to the front of the escorting vehicle.
MAXIMUM DIMENSIONS, WEIGHT AND OTHER RESTRICTIONS
- Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) - identical to the standard permit.
- Nighttime movement is permitted with this permit only during verifiable emergency conditions.
- If a company is found to be using this permit for the movement of oversize loads during non- emergency conditions, the Emergency permit shall be confiscated immediately and the company shall purchase a standard permit (nighttime moves are not allowed on this type of permit).
- The emergency permit is good for 365 calendar days beginning at the day and time the permit is issued to the company.
- When an emergency no longer exists, the mover shall return immediately to his place of origin. Further movement of this vehicle shall be via a standard permit (daylight movements only).
Contact the Kansas Trucking Connection at 785-271-3252 to request the Emergency Permit Application and fax it to 785-271-3124